Monday, August 27, 2012

Wayyyy Behind

I am so far behind with my blog that I have no idea where to start. But here goes! I figure anything will do, even if I just spend 5 minutes getting something posted.
Life just seems to get busier and busier, and along with that I have really struggled to find motivation lately to do anything at all, let alone update my blog. It's terrible, sometimes I am so unmotivated it's a miracle just accomplishing getting the dishes put away!

Juliet is 16 months now. She is literally doing new things every week. Truth be told, she's actually quite exhausting at the moment as she goes from one thing to the next, making messes everywhere she goes. I can't help but let out a big 'PHEW' when it's time to put her down for a nap!

We have reached that busy toddler stage where we have to make sure toilet doors are always closed so she doesn't start playing in the toilets, we have to make sure the garage door is closed so she doesn't start wandering down the driveway, we have to make sure the pantry is locked or she will be taking everything out, we have to make sure bathroom cupboards are locked or she will start pouring out shampoos and body wash into cups and other objects....and so on! Her latest activity is to climb in the bath with all her clothes on. The bath is empty, but she turns the tap on and gets herself soaked. She drags a little 'kiddie chair' over to the bath to climb in it, but after 3 or 4 times of her getting soaked, I decided to hide the chair. Now she has figured out how to climb in the bath without the chair, lol! She definitely knows how to think for herself, and she's definitely a girl because she knows (even at 1 1/2 years old) there's always another way!







At 1 1/2 she's even good at multi-tasking. I was watching her this morning walking around the house with my cell phone held up to her ear, while she was bending over flicking light switches on and off.

She can now say Mummy. or though often says mama. She loves to say 'oof, oof' when she sees a dog (or even hears the word dog). And when she sees something hot, she makes the 'h' sound twice. She's also able to say baby and always points and looks for a picture of a baby on her baby food jars or yoghurt containers.

Even though our Miss Juliet keeps me super busy and wears me out sometimes, I do love spending everyday with our precious little girl. It is so fun having her in our lives, and one thing's for sure, there's never a dull moment!

1 comment:

Jen said...

It's good you had her last, right? Or you might not have had anymore... She is super adorable despite all the antics. LOL!