
This little cartoon doesn't have anything to do with my post. I just like it and I've had it taped to the inside of my pantry for ages.
Well, this is my last two hours of freedom before two weeks of school holidays. The next two weeks will be noise, chaos and a messy house with toys scattered everywhere 24/7…oh the memories of school holidays!
There is no denying it that Winter is finally upon us. The leaves are all changing colours and falling, and the air (as well as our house) is quickly getting bitterly cold. This week we have had to pull out our dusty slippers and sweaters even though no one has wanted too. This is Hayden’s last day for wearing shorts and sandals to school. When he begins Term 2 after the holidays all the kids have to change their uniform to long pants. I really dislike long pants because Hayden ends up putting holes in them about every four weeks!! Guess I’d better get to the uniform shop and get myself a BAG of knee patches!
Noah has taken a great liking to his kiwi slippers this week since they have been hiding in the cupboard over the summer. Whenever they come off he sits on the floor calling ‘help help’ for someone to come and put them back on.

There is no denying it that Winter is finally upon us. The leaves are all changing colours and falling, and the air (as well as our house) is quickly getting bitterly cold. This week we have had to pull out our dusty slippers and sweaters even though no one has wanted too. This is Hayden’s last day for wearing shorts and sandals to school. When he begins Term 2 after the holidays all the kids have to change their uniform to long pants. I really dislike long pants because Hayden ends up putting holes in them about every four weeks!! Guess I’d better get to the uniform shop and get myself a BAG of knee patches!
Noah has taken a great liking to his kiwi slippers this week since they have been hiding in the cupboard over the summer. Whenever they come off he sits on the floor calling ‘help help’ for someone to come and put them back on.


Our clocks went back last weekend. Even though they only went back an hour it still took Noah a couple of days to adjust to the change. We tried to keep him awake on Sunday until 1pm as that's when our sacrament starts and he normally sleeps through it, but unfortunately he didn’t make it. He couldn't make it through his lunch either;

Hayden had a conference with his teacher this week to discuss his learning progress (they use to be called parent/teacher interviews) but now most schools call them 3-way conferences so that it involves the child as well. Hayden is doing well in class – his strength being participation and his weakness being reading. His teacher described Hayden as a ‘sand-box’ kid; one who learns though making and creating things, experimenting, exploring and discovering, rather than a child who learns by sitting at a desk. As a teacher who's had 13 years experience she says that's quite normal, particularly for boys. We have discovered that Hayden can do very well at reading and writing when he makes a genuine effort (although he often has to be forced to sit and concentrate since he would rather be doing something physical). Hayden made us a wonderful book for Easter that had some great drawings and writing in it. We have a goal over the holidays for Hayden to read 3 books a day so that when he goes back to school he can feel proud of going up a level.
I just realized it has gone midnight so if I don't get to bed right now I am going to be a very grumpy mum tomorrow morning (and I will be needing one of those PMS dinners to get me through the day)! In finishing, here a few photos of Noah posing in his church clothes this past weekend;



2 comments:
I love the slippers and the pic of noah sleeping in his high chair!!! A kid's got to be super tired to fall asleep while eating!
Also, Noah looks so handsome and cute in his church clothes! I like those pictures alot!
Wow, Noah has grown so much! Great postings as per usual sis! - You are highly creative!! Master Hayden looks great too (and ashy poos of course:)xxoo
Post a Comment