That was yesterday.
Today, I'm choosing to be grumpy. Very grumpy.
Why is it that no one in my family picks their clothes up off the floor and I'm always left to do it?
Why is it that all 4 males in my house pee on the toilet seat and no one ever wipes it or cleans it, except me?
Why is it that when there is dried up food on the table, no one goes to get a cloth and wipe it up? Instead, they flick it across the living room and then walk over it!
Why is it that one of my boys drenches his bed at night, despite the fact that I have 4 different sorts of waterproof covers over his mattress, AND somehow wiggles his way to the very edge of the bed, off the protective covers and gets smelly pee on the brand new mattress!
And why is it that the Daddy sleeps in every Saturday morning and then gets to take naps on a Saturday AND Sunday afternoon while I'm left to do the parenting (despite the fact that I've been up twice every night with the baby)?
And why is it that there is no ice-cream in my freezer when I need it to feel better and no chocolate cake sitting on the kitchen bench for me to satisfy my chocolate craving!
Time to crack the wip I say...although why is it that a wife and a mum has to constantly do this to get her family in line? That alone is emotionally exhausting!!!
Big long sigh...a scream of frustration....oh, feeling better already.
THERE, TOMORROW I WILL CHOOSE TO BE HAPPY AGAIN!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GRUMPINESS CONTINUED...
And why is it that when I go to the effort to make homemade bread I go outside and find this? (Actually this made me laugh today, I guess it didn't taste that good!)

And why is it that everyday after school my boys come home with shoes that look like this?

And why is it that everyday the boys insist on playing rugby at lunchtime and come home with feet like this? Actually, that's not too bad compared to some days. As soon as they get out of the car it's straight to the laundry tub. Most days they have to use a scrubbing brush on their knees and a pumice stone on their feet (the scrubbing brush on their feet doesn't do any good because they have so much grass staining!)

And why is it that the bathtub is always full of dirty clothes?

Fortunately, HF has blessed me with humour and a positive outlook on things. I can look at these pictures and laugh now.
Family life is great...there is nothing better.
BUT I'LL BE THE FIRST TO ADMIT IT IS LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS OF WORK AND SOMETIMES VERY TIRING!
5 comments:
If I was in NZ, I would bring you some ice cream and chocolate cake...we would eat it together, complain together and then laugh our heads off together. Our lives are so similar! I feel your pain and think that it's okay to be grumpy here and there. I have been more grumpy than happy lately...I need to break out of that! It's not nice to hear that you are feeling frustrated, but it's nice to know that I'm not alone in my frustration!!!!
Glad someone elses boys shoes look like that;)
Argg! Heathcliffe does the SAME thing on Saturdays! Seriously! After his most recent 3-week work trip (to Wales, Ireland, & Switzerland, the poor thing), he came home and received some permanent assignments: he will now make/pack the school lunches, he will cook dinner every Monday, and he is the vacuumer. Period. He agreed. So far so good: we had fondue Monday night. Sweet! I gave him those jobs because I realized I could "live" with it if he failed. And I could truly let go and not nag. And he has "owned up" to them as a result and is doing fine. (We'll see how long it lasts... LOL!)
Woah! Tell us how you really feel! No wonder you were grumpy. However, just to clear something up, when she mentioned one of her boys peed the bed -- that wasn't me. And, I don't nap every weekend...
You're a wonderful mother and I love you more than anything. I'll do better to make your live easier.
You're the best!
Ice cream for you today.
Love, Tony
Ice cream?!!! What about the chocolate cake??? Geez, Loretta you deserve the whole bhally bakery!!! Love the two "Jen" comments. We will all be waiting in anticipation of Tony "doing better to make your life easier!" Love, Mum.
Post a Comment