Sunday, June 19, 2011

Desperately Trying to get Blogging Again

I never intended to take a 6-month break from my blog.

So where have I been?

JANUARY: The boys were off school and keeping me very busy over the holidays. I was too tired to stay up late to blog, nor did I have the motivation.

FEBRUARY & MARCH: In the last 2-3 months of my pregnancy I "nested" and occupied myself with cleaning, organizing and fixing things around the house. I knew that what I didn't get done before the baby arrived, wasn't going to get done for a very long time after that. I also got very busy sorting out the many boxes of boys clothes we have had stored for the last 9 years. 12 Boxes of clothes and baby items to organize, decide what to keep, give away, sell, etc. I was also preoccupied with getting all the baby stuff ready; bassinet and swing set up, new drapes for Noah and baby's room, the wall painted, the shelves stocked with fresh, clean onesies, bibs, booties, outfits, etc. Not to mention, since I didn't know the sex of our baby there was twice as much work preparing blue and pink clothes.

APRIL: Juliet arrived (no further explaination needed!)

I must add that we have the slowest computer that ever existed. It drives me crazy simply trying to send an email which takes way too long. That really puts me off getting to the computer as so much time is wasted just patiently waiting for things to load.

Lastly, Tony has been off work for the past 10 weeks and therefore on the computer nearly 24/7. The moment he's off it, Hayden wants to use it, the moment Hayden's off it, Ashton wants to play a game. I feel pretty lucky if I can get near it.

Anyway, now that all of the above is over, here goes to a fresh new start!!!!

And a little advice from my mother who has been reminding me every week about my neglected blog, "I can help you with your housework, and I can help you with the kids, but I cannot help you update your blog. You are the only one who can make a record of the memories before they are forgotten". SO TRUE!

3 comments:

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

Welcome back! We've really missed you! ♥

Jen said...

Keep the posts coming, Loretta! :)

Maureen said...

And here is me thinking you STILL don't listen to a word I say! Ha! Yes, absolutely welcome back and look forward to your weekly updates! Mum. x